Saturday, March 12, 2011

Big Brothers, Big Sisters.

Steve and I had the opportunity to go bowling with Regence today. My job seriously amazes me all the time at all the great things they do.

Steve and I watched the show-Secret Millionaire last Sunday and it seriously touched us. If you haven't seen the show, you need to. It made us really want to do more service and help those in need. We obviously can't go and start giving out money, but we can help in other ways.


Luckily for us, my job said they needed volunteers to go bowling for Big Brothers, Big Sisters. How it worked was you get a team of five people and everyone bowls as best as you can because the score you get is the amount that the company will donate.

It was so much fun!! We were able to bowl for 2 and a half games. They gave us food and even did a raffle drawing! I won tickets to a Real soccer game in May. We are pretty excited about that! We've never gone before! :)


We had a great time, and it was good to know we were helping out our community. We want to keep doing stuff like this. Plus, when your doing service-you forget about yourself. Which I definitely need. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what's going on in our life.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun! I want to see that show!

Cara and Mike said...

Keira, you are seriously so inspiring :) I love reading your blog beacuse it makes me want to be a better person :) You have to be one of the sweetest most Christlike people I know! I pass by your parents often on my way to my parents house and I think about how wonderful you are! :) I saw your mom on redwood the other day, we both rolled our mini van windows down and chatted until we had to go because the light turned green. You Andersons are so wonderful :) Thanks for the inspiration, I soo needed it :)