Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inspired.

I just LOVE the young women program. The girls seriously inspire me. They always make me want to be better. I can feel my testimony growing just by spending time with them. I'm so grateful to heavenly father for giving me the opportunity to be with these girls so much. It's sure taking a lot of me and Steve time out. Which has been hard. But I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now.
I get to be with the girls Tuesday-Thursday. :) I think in god's eyes the girls our my girls for right now. Maybe that's why I don't get to be a mommy quite yet. Sure, it's hard. REALLY hard. But when I am with the girls I forgot about the fact that I'm not a mom. And it's okay I'm not a mom quite yet.
Our bishop this year has encouraged all of the youth to make a goal and do baptisms each month. It's pretty amazing to see how stoked the girls are to wake up at 6am to go to the temple. 6am! That is seriously so early. I so enjoy my sleep. But I would wake up 6 am every morning to go with Steve and the girls to the temple- any day. They are great examples to me. And I'm so lucky and grateful to have such a loving husband who will wake up early to help take the girls with me. I can't pile all of them into my little car!
Tonight was the girls basketball game. After the game we did the cheer we do at every game while huddled in a circle-"Potato chip, potato chip. Crunch crunch crunch. We think that your team is a mighty fine bunch!" When we were all huddled together it brought tears to my eyes. Call me a boob. Because I am. But I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing girls. I'm so lucky that Heavenly father trusts me enough to be able to spend so much time with them.
I sure love them to pieces.
And there is nothing better than watching Steve cheering the girls on. Saying "Nice d! Nice d! (for nice defense) I love that even though I'm keeping super busy, he supports me in everything I do.

Well, It's me and Steve time now! We're going to be laughing until our stomach's hurt! Time to watch WIPEOUT.

1 comment:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

I think the youth today are seriously so strong. I've always thought it would be a fun calling to work in young women's. And Congrats to Steve getting a pharmacy school interview! My brother-in-law is a Pharmacist and he loves it! Good luck to him! (and you guys!)