Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Update

Blogging has been the last thing on my mind. Steve, Kris and Jess are watching the football game that's on. AND with that being said-what a perfect time to update! (I'm really not into football games all that much)

Work has been AWESOME! Over the Christmas holiday we did a pod decorating contest. My team did "Polar Express." Everyone dressed up in robes and drank hot cocoa while the Polar Express music played through out the day. Everyone seriously goes all out decorating the area that they work at. Also at work we wrapped Christmas presents for kids in need. Put together hygiene kits and had a christmas party-complete with the white elephant game. I'm still lovin' all the people I work with too.



Christmas Eve we spent at the Ford's since we had Thanksgiving at my fam's. In the morning we went skiing and then in the evening we had a party. It was a lot of fun playing games with all the cousins and with grandpa and grandma Ford.






After the party Steve and I went home and went to bed. Little did Steve know that I had a Christmas surprise for him. :) I woke up at 4:00am to go put stuff in our stockings.

I was so excited that it was Christmas and that Steve could open his present. I went back to sleep and then we woke up at 7:30 am. Okay, let me explain something. I completely fooled Steve into him believing that I bought his Christmas present at Walmart. I pre wrapped all these random things that we already had at our house because I didn't want him to know-at all what I got him. So, when he came in the living room on Christmas morning I gave him his first gift. He opened it up and it was a photo album that I have sitting out all the time. He looks at kind of confused, but because he's such a sweetie didn't say anything. That's when I chime in "Decoy #1." He then smiles. I'm assuming pretty relieved that I didn't give him a used photo album. Then I hand him his second present. He opens it up. It's our Ford sign that's usually in our entertainment center. "Decoy #2". This time I'm laughing so hard and then tell him to close his eyes. Under our couch I hid his real wrapped present. I had Sherrie Behunin wrap it for me. I'm a HORRIBLE present wrapper. I have never been good at it. I hand him the gift and he's looking at it in awe. He asks me when I went to the mall to have it wrapped. ha ha. No surprise really. I told him to just open the present. He opens the present and sees an American Eagle box. He smiles and tells me thanks because he likes American Eagle. That's when I say "Decoy #3". In the American Eagle box is a small box wrapped in more wrapping paper. Then he opens that and finds his real present.-a hand gun. Now for me, I've never been much of a gun person. Dad never owned a gun and to be honest they make me a tad bit nervous. Steve for months has been hinting that he wanted a gun. Actually not hinting but reminding me how much he needs and wants a gun. I kept telling him that I didn't want one in our house and they are out of our budget. he he. I LOVED that I could surprise him. Best thing about Christmas.


After we opened presents we went to my families house and had keish and oranges. Two of my favorite things. We opened presents with everyone, hung out and we were able to talk to Kolten! It was a bitter sweet moment. I sure miss Kolt but I'm glad he's where he's supposed to be. Next month he'll be out in the mission field for one year.







In the afternoon we went over to the Fords. Little did I know Steve had a surprise for me. After we opened up our Christmas gifts with everyone, Steve hands me a big wrapped box. I'm thinking it's from Bob and Ellen. Then I look at the tag and it says: To: Keira From: Steve. My first words that came out of my mouth were "Steve you little monkey!" I was shocked. I had no clue. NO clue what so ever that he had something else for me for Christmas. I rip open the paper and see that he got me a Cricut!! I've wanted one for so long, but didn't really think it was necessary that I go buy myself one. The fact that I got this present was amazing. But what really made it awesome was that he surprised me like crazy. It was a really thoughtful gift.
We also went over to grandma and grandpa Ford's and hung out there. We ate way too much, but love every minute of it.

Steve and I are really blessed with so much, and I'm so grateful for him. He's my best friend and my everything.
I'm also so grateful for my Savior. He's always watching out for Steve and I and I know he keeps a watchful eye out for us.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We had a great 2010!

No comments: