Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sleepover.

Steve and I have been enjoying our summer! And getting in as much US time as possible. We have loved every.minute.of it. and I think it’s completely spoiling us!

On one of our weekends, we were able to go and spend time with grandma and grandpa Ford. It was so much fun! We love these two and are so grateful that we have them in our lives.
We went to their house on Friday night and grandma and grandpa made us dinner. We had a nice dinner and then Grandpa wanted to show us his plane that he had built, he had been working on this for the past few years. The plane is completed, it just needs to be painted.
It is seriously sooo awesome!! I can’t wait for the fall when we can take a ride in it! I’ve never been in a small airplane before.


We loved hearing all about his plane and seeing all the features of it. Grandma and Grandpa then took us to see where Bob (Steve’s dad) had grown up, and where he took care of his horse. I loved it! I love seeing and hearing stories about our family. It’s so neat.
In the evening, we stayed up playing games and eating lots of candy! These two just kept making us laugh and we enjoyed spending time with them.

In the morning, we made breakfast and then Steve and Grandpa went to fix a piece on the plane. Grandma and I stayed and she showed me how to make homemade pie crust! Lately, I have been obsessed with making pies.
Grandma and I had a great time, by the end we were covered with flour. These are the memories I want to keep. I was so happy when grandma said she would show me how to make a pie. I loved that, but I mostly just loved spending one on one time with her and laughing in the kitchen.


Steve and I had such a fun time with these two! I am so lucky to have married into the Ford family and have them now as my own grandparents. They treat me just as if I had always belonged in the family. We love you grandma and grandpa Ford.

1 comment:

Michelle and Travis said...

Oh I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun! Nothing beats hanging out with family. I'm so glad you and Steve are enjoying his time off!! Soak up every minute! Miss you guys! Hope all is well.