Friday, July 13, 2012

Red, White and Balloons!

We started off our Holiday by going to the Sundance cabin, just Steve and I the night before. We had our dinner on the deck, and enjoyed listening to the creek and the birds. It was SO much more cooler in the mountains and so nice to get away from the heat wave.
Steve and I enjoyed being outside and then in the evening, we went inside to play some card games. I love my sweetheart. I love that we can do everything and anything together and have a great time.

In the morning, we woke up bright and early. REALLY early. We wanted to go to the Balloon Festival and it started at 6:00am. Steve and I had heard lots of really good things about the festival and we wanted to check it out.
SO, that’s what we did. We were pleasantly surprised! There were balloons everywhere! It was so awesome to see the balloons and the different sizes and shapes. I think my favorite was the pink pig.
As the balloons were in the air, they had lots of Fourth of July music and got everyone’s spirits in the right direction for the holiday. There is something really neat about balloons, they almost seem magical. It made me feel like a little kid! I got so excited when the balloons would go right over our heads.


We hung out at the balloon festival until the balloons had gone away, and not too long after it was time for the parade. So, Steve and I walked hand in hand down the street to watch the parade.


We had so much fun at these two festivities, they were not a disappointment. We loved it so much we are going to make it a Fourth of July tradition! Next year, I’m packing up some breakfast though so we don’t need to eat at Mcdonalds. Bleh.
On our way home, we decided we would make a quick stop at the Ford’s and say hello to them before we met up with my family.

Around noon-ish, we met up with my family in Park City where we did a little shopping, ate pizza and then went down the Alpine slide.


We made it home at 5 and we were exhausted. So we took an hour nap and then met up with Kris, Jessica and baby Ava to go to the fireworks! It was our first time going to the SLC fireworks and they were awesome.


We had a Happy and busy holiday! We really are so blessed to be able to have freedom and be able to live in such a great place!
Hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday! xoxo

2 comments:

kenna said...

there is a coke balloon!

Lindsay said...

Looks like so much fun! Little Ava is SO adorable! I haven't seen her before, and she is such a cutie!