Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Father's Day!

I know, it's now July and I'm doing a Father's dy post. I've been having too much fun with Steve before he hits the books next month.:)

Father's day was a great day! Spent lots of time with the most important men in my life. I've had a whole new perspective on Father's day/Mother's day. I used to only think it should be a day to celebrate for those who actually have children..hence the Father part. But, I've come to realize that even though Steve isn't a father yet he still has amazing father like qualities.
He constantly is setting an example for those that are in our neighborhood, for my brothers and he is by far one of the most caring and charitable people that I know. He is always concerned for others and their well being.

We went to grandma and grandpa Ford's and had dessert and talked with all the family and celebrated there. After, we headed over to my parents house to celebrate my cute daddy-o.

How I just love my dad. He's such a great example of unconditional love. He would do anything for us kids. Anytime we need him or even just to talk with him he will stop what he's doing and be there. I'm super grateful for him!


Crazy thing that happened... While everyone was eating and chatting, a baby bird had fallen from the tree. Both of it's parents kept trying to help the baby bird but they couldn't do much for the little thing because it couldn't fly yet.
We didn't want to touch the bird because we were afraid the parents would reject it, and the nest was so high there was no way that we could put the bird back.
We all felt bad for the bird, and to see both parents doing everything they possibly could to help their baby. Not too long after the parents of the bird started landing on our hands and our feet. I have never seen anything like it before and it broke my heart thinking that these birds are doing EVERYTHING they can to save their baby. Even risking their own lives, by coming up to us to see if we could help. It was really neat to witness that.
We had a fun filled day with lots of food, family...and birds.:)






Happy Father's day to all the awesome men out there!

No comments: