Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not Forgotten.

It's amazing to know that God always seems to know exactly what I need. He has countlessly shown me that I am not forgotten and that he loves me.

Infertility can be such an ugly topic, but such a beautiful one. I've been growing so much with this trial and through this trial I get the amazing opportunity of going through the Adoption process. The process hasn't been a bed of roses, it can be really hard but so fulfilling at the same time.
I'm growing. I'm gaining a greater understanding for his purpose and his plan. His far better plan.

Within the last couple months I know that God has placed certain people in my life for a reason.
-A birth parent who made the most unselfish decision of her life when she was only 16 to place her baby through adoption because she wanted what was best for her child. Through her I have a different perspective on birth parents, and I find her to be one of the most strongest women I have ever met.
-A friend I haven't actually met, but yet I consider her one of my dearest friends. I met her through the blogging world. Through her I have gained patience and a better attitude and outlook on infertility. We write each other notes of encouragement and updates of how our Adoption journey is going.
-The Young Women-They inspire me, and touch my life daily. They all have such strong testimonies of the gospel and they are constantly reminding me of how to be Christ like.
-Three different women. I get to associate with these women regularly. They too, have gone through infertility. We can talk, laugh, hug and cry together. One who has never gone through infertility can never, truly understand what it feels like.

I'm so grateful to my Father in Heaven for always reminding me that I'm not forgotten, that he does remember me and that he loves me.

7 comments:

Michelle and Travis said...

You're always so positive and inspiring! I love reading your blog posts! I was thinking about you the other night and I was going to call, but of course got distracted. Hopefully I can call you sometime this week. I want to hear how you are doing! I miss you guys and was so sad you weren't at Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas Eve, but I understand. Thanks for always helping me look at my life in a more positive light. Love you guys!

Lindsay said...

Oh you are so dang sweet, hang in there, I'm so excited for you!

The Godfreys said...

Keira, I love reading your blog!You give me strength! I know how you feel, it is just like Jenny Philips songs, "a beautiful heartbreak" I'm so glad for the strength I'm gaining through this trial but it at the same time is the most heartbreaking thing. Keep us posted on how the adoption process is going. who are you going through to adopt?

McCall said...

did you guy get chosen to adopt!?! I didn't know you guys decided to go that rout! Good for you! I love it! If you ever need anything let me know! I've been there twice... Hang in there! It'll be worth all the trouble!!

McCall said...

Keira, I was looking down at past blogs and found your adoption one! So cute! Email me would you. I thought of one thing that might help that I learned through the process of adopting... twice. Maybe it will help maybe it wont with your card/picture. mccall_park@hotmail.com

Whitney said...

Hey you! I loved this post so much. You are such an example to me! I wrote a little blog post about you! I hope that you are having a happy day!

Jessalynn Speight said...

Hey this is jessa! i am in charge of the retreat! I don't know how to get ahold of you except to leave a message on your bloggy lol! my email is birthmothers4adoption@gmail.com or my phone number is 4353748656. Hope to hear from you soon!