Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012.

We managed to already make it to the Instacare-great way to start off the new year, right?
Steve woke up Monday morning with a headache, and it soon turned into a migraine. Generally when he gets a migraine he throws up once and then he can sleep it off but this migraine wouldn't go away. I was so worried about him, I've never seen Steve this sick. Ever. I've had a migraine before and I know it makes you feel like death, but it really worried me that he kept throwing up over and over. He had a blessing from dad and Kolt and we tried getting food and medication in him but he couldn't keep anything down. I had a feeling I needed to get him into the instacare and I'm so glad I did. I am so grateful for the knowledge and medications that doctors have now. They gave him two injections above his hips and those helped him enough to be able to fall asleep and sleep the migraine off. It seriously was one of the worst days of my life. I felt so helpless I hope that never happens again. The next day he was able to go to school and had the lingering headache feeling for a couple days, but he is doing great now! Thank goodness.


Friday night Steve needed to study. School is back into full swing. So, when I got home from work I was debating what I should do. Well, I received the sweetest text from one of my dear friends. She wanted me to have a girls night with her and her daughter while her hubby and sons were having a boys night out. Super thoughtful.
We ended up making homemade manicures and they turned out sooo nice! My hands have been so dry lately with the cold weather and this was perfect. Plus, the homemade manicure is only with three ingredients-sugar, olive oil and honey. Way simple.
It was such a fun girls night! I loved painting my nails, chatting and then having hot coco to end the night.

Homemade Manicure
1/2 C. White Sugar
1/2 C. Olive Oil
Honey
Saran Wrap
-Mix together sugar and oil and scrub on hands.
Once you've scrubbed it to your hearts content rinse it off in warm water.
-Pour warm honey onto your hands (make sure it's not too hot)
-Wrap your hands individually in saran wrap for 30 minutes.
We ended up only leaving it on for 20 minutes. We were starting to get grossed out when the honey was starting to run down our arm because our hands were starting to sweat from being wrapped.
-Take off wrap and wash your hands!

My hands are seriously so much smoother.

Yesterday Steve and I went for a walk with Soph and it was so nice getting outside-even though it was REALLY cold. We have a nice walk way out in the middle of no where at the end of our neighborhood. It was really relaxing. Just being outside, enjoying each other's company while Sophie ran around like a mad dog! haha. She gets so stinkin' excited about birds she doesn't know how to contain herself. She really is such a good dog though, you tell her to "Come Sophie" and she'll come running back to you.


Soph's been my little cuddle buddy this evening. I woke up with a dang head cold and I thought I could fight it off but I'm officially feeling sick. Steve's been studying away memorizing drugs for his top 20 exam tomorrow.

I really am so lucky. I'm so grateful for Steve and his hard work. Always studying and working hard to support us and our future family. I'm also grateful for Soph cuddling me, ooh and Vicks Vapor rub.

3 comments:

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better! Migraines are the worst! I get them quite a bit and they are seriously horrible! Is Sophie your dog? I didn't know that you guys had one! So fun!

Whitney said...

Poor Steve! I just had the same experience a couple of months ago. NO FUN. I had never had a migraine before and I thought I was going to die. It was a horrid experience. Glad he's feeling better and hope that you get feeling better too!

Bubble My Licorice said...

you seem like a great family!
love the post