Thursday, December 8, 2011

Peace.

Thanksgiving week wasn't the greatest for Steve and I. It should have been one of the most happiest weeks we could of had. We were able to spend an ENTIRE week together-no work, no homework, and spending time with the Ford family at the cabin. Yet we had a cloud hang over us. We felt a huge emotion of sadness, anger and "picked on me" feeling.

Steve and I have been really excited to share the news to everyone that we were adopting, and really dug into the adoption paperwork. All of our families have been so supportive to us, and I've never felt so much love from everyone. But, it was almost a "grieving" period that we had to go through. That we may not have a little one that has Steve's charming blue eyes, and my blonde hair, our physical features. I won't get the opportunity to see my belly grow. Get to wear maternity clothes and exclaim to everyone that "I'm Pregnant!"

This week has been different. My heart has been full this week. Full of so much gratitude and peace. I've never felt so much love from my Savior either. I know he has been wrapping his loving arms around me, and letting me know that he has a bigger and better plan for us.
Steve and I have the desire to raise children-our children. Is it really that important that our baby has our physical features? That I wasn't pregnant with the little one?
I know that we will love our baby no matter how we get our baby. Our baby must be very special. So special that they are getting to bless two different lives. The birthparent who has the miracle of getting to carry him/her for 9 months and then getting to bless ours for the eternities. God has a plan, a far better one that I can comprehend and I feel blessed that he has given Steve and I the opportunity to find our baby/babies through adoption. It's been such a humbling experience so far and I'm grateful for this. I couldn't be happier.

4 comments:

The Belshes said...

I am just so happy for you Keira!! You're little one is going to be so so blessed to have you for a Mommy!! Beautiful post!!

Jenny said...

Aw, I just LOVE YOU GUYS! Honestly, it doesn't matter how your baby comes, because you will know as sure as anything that your baby was meant to be with you and Steve! And you will get to have some awesome experiences along the way, even if they are different than what you'd always planned on. Keep us up to date okay!? :)

Beth said...

You guys will be such good parents! Don't give up on getting biological children either, I know tons of couples who find out that they are getting a baby through adoption and then find out they are pregnant too! You never know what the Lord has in store for you. Remember He loves you and has a specific plan just for you. I miss you guys! Maybe one night we can have a little Jazz night and watch a game!

Meg said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. What a special experience you will have though, as adoptive parents! And really, it's strange how kids who are adopted really do look like their parents. I'm excited for you guys to be parents!! Good luck in this amazing journey.