Monday, May 9, 2011

Count. Your. Blessings.



This last week was a SUPER hard week for me. I wasn't ready for change, and it of course came. It was soooo hard to get over the fact that so many of my friends were layed off. It was so hard for me to get past the fact that my friends were seriously working just as hard as me and I managed to be able to keep my job.

It didn't help that mother's day fell this week either. I really thought I was doing fine, but during sacrament meeting that's all the speakers talked about. (Of course, it WAS mother's day) and I felt that triggering feeling inside me where I feel a sense of sadness and helplessness. I can't control the fact that I'm not a mom, and I hate that.

Last night, Steve and I were talking and he even gave me a blessing. The blessing helped me sooo much! I've felt at peace again, and i've been thinking a lot lately.

Holy toledo, I so need to count my blessings!! Steve and I are so blessed!

Count my blessings #1
How grateful I am that I still have my job, heavenly father blessed us with that little miracle-that I didn't get layed off. Yes, it is super hard to not have my friends there, and to see them struggle but I still have a job! I still have a job to help support Steve and I, and especially help Steve go through Pharmacy school.

Count my blessings#2
I have an AMAZING relationship with Steve. Steve is my best friend, and I'm his. We love to do everything together. There is seriously nothing better than holding hands with Steve and knowing that we are here for each other no matter what.

Count my blessings#3
Being a mother figure isn't just delivering a child-it's also by example and being a mothering figure. I consider the beehives my girls. I teach them things, they teach me things and they always make me want to be a better person. I'm some what being a mother figure for them.

Count my blessings#4
We have such an amazing family! We are so blessed to have so many awesome brothers and sisters and parents. Not to mention all the extended family! Our Family is ALWAYS here for us, and willing to step in and help out, or to give advice.

Count my blessing#5
We have so many good friends. I love that we have so many friends who would step up and help us if we need them, or to give some advice or even just hanging out and making us laugh!

I have so much to be grateful for. There is no need for me to worry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. your optimism and cheerful attitude are inspiring. I remember being where you were on Mother's Day. It was horrible. But it looks like you've found a way to look on the bright side. And you're absolutely right. It's far better to count your blessings than your worries. Love you!

The Belshes said...

It does get easy to focus more on the negative things in life than positive, but your right, if you count your blessings rather than worrying about everything, the pros end up overtaking the cons!! Such a good lesson for us all!! Thanks for the post :)

McCall said...

Amen to that! I have to do the same thing! Count the things you have and try not to worry about the things you don't have but want!