Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My First.....

It was a complete accident though, (yea, yea that's what they all say right?) Well, I was driving to midge's basketball game with my mamasita. My mom looks over at me and say's "Keira why are you going so fast?" I said "Mom, I'm only going 5 over. They won't pull you over for going five over." (I was going 70) Mom says "No, Keira the speed limit is only 55!" "Mom".... I look in my rear view mirror and sure enough, I see the bright red flashing lights. I was going to have a heart attack! Okay, when was bangeter highway's speed only 55?
Yep, I got my first speeding ticket. I couldn't talk my way out of it. I was too in shock to realize what the blast was going on anyway. The officer was nice though, and he only put me for going 5 over. I deserve the ticket, I'm just a little bummed.
Oh and FYI-for going 5 over, it's $85.00!!! sheesh!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note...
Thanks everyone for the great advice/comments from my last post. That helped me out a lot. It's great to know that I'm not the only one who is/had those feelings regarding babies. :) It's such a HUGE descision, and if you have any other advice regarding what helped you prepare, let me know. Thanks Again!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh! That's awful! You and vehicles are not having good luck these days! I'm just sitting here thinking...we totally should have got together while the boys enjoy the Jazz game! What was I thinking?! Anyway, I liked your last post too! You totally know my thoughts on the matter! :) Tell Steve it's time to get on board!!!! I'm teasing of course, but I think you guys will know when the time is right. It's different for everyone. It's good to plan and prepare, but you also have to trust that things work out how they should, because I don't think it's ever possible to be totally prepared (at least not with a first!). Good luck!

Jared and Shalynn said...

Sorry about your ticket! About the preparing for a baby.... In my experience, you will never feel completely prepared to have a baby. You could be financially stable, have gone to every parenting class, read every book, and bought every thing the little tike will need for it's first year of life and the moment you bring it home from the hospital you'll feel like you have no idea what to do! That's where instinct kicks in and you learn as you go :). There are plenty of people that shouldn't be having babies, but I think any couple that feels it's time and is willing to love and take care of a child should go for it. It's the best decision we ever made! It's important to listen to your feelings and when you feel it's time, it probably is. Things always work out when you listen to feelings and promptings. When we started trying for Cambree, Jared was in school and we both had ok jobs that made ok money. I was really nervous to have a baby because Jared was still in school and also I wanted to be able to stay at home with our kids. A few months before we had her, Jared unexpectedly got an amazing job that was willing to work with his school schedule and his salary made it possible for me to stay home with Cambree. With Mason I have a really cool story too, but I've already written a novel so I'll have to tell you another time ;). I can't imagine how life would be now if we didn't have them!

Lindsay said...

Oh man, I would have been so scared! The cops freak me out! I'm sorry! I hope everything is going okay with the baby planning! You will be the cutest mom! And seriously, there's nothing you can do to COMPLETELY prepare for parenthood, but I'm sure you'll know when you are ready. And if you think about it, even when you've made the decision, you still have 9 months to enjoy being alone with Steve! I wanted to travel a lot before Weston was born just because I knew it would be hard to travel with a baby...but there's so much that we still do anyway, we just take Weston along! So life doesn't end with a baby, it really just begins! You will love it! The only things that are hard to do with Weston are go to the gym, go to the temple, and go out to see movies! Other than that, he usually comes with us and we all have a blast! Anyway - I'm excited for you guys, you will be amazing parents! Good luck!