Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Life.

Oh my goodness how I miss the days I could actually get ready for the day.  Get up off this couch and move my legs.  Seriously people. Bed rest has it's ups and downs.  I am so beyond grateful for my little Beckham and that he continues to grow. I realize and I know what a miracle it is to be pregnant. But bed rest is a challenge.  I can feel  my body getting weaker, it's not a fun feeling.  But I know if I just have faith in God I can get through this.  Plus, I would do anything for our little man.  He means the world to both of us, and this is just a short period in our life.

Steve is such an amazing husband.  He does everything.  Laundry, cooking and wakes up extra early to make me a good and healthy breakfast.  How blessed I am to have him for a husband and help me get through this.  Its been a challenge not being able to do anything, and watching him carry the load of everything.

I went to the doctor Thursday and we got to see our lil guy again.  We saw his little feet kicking, and now I know what's hitting me in the ribs every day. haha! He's a little busy body! I love feeling him move.  He's still measuring a week and 4 days a head of schedule. Which makes me happy.
Doctor told me that we could have him possibly at 33-34 weeks..which would be NEXT MONTH.  When he told me that, it made me feel a little worried.  Just because That is still pretty early, and I want him to be healthy.  Doctor also said that every day I can keep him in is a gift.  Since he's  getting bigger and heavier, he's always right on that stitch. And there isn't much there....

The doctor gave me two steroid shots, one on Thursday and one on Friday. It's to help Beckham's lungs develop quicker, in case he does come early.  The things I'm doing for our little man! Steroid shots are no fun.

Life is going good though. I have sooo many visitors every day, and it makes me happy.  So many family and friends have gone above and beyond for us.  Steve and I are very grateful.  I seriously know how it feels now, for elderly people. When they are at home day after day.  A visitor makes a world of difference.  If you have a grandparent or an elderly neighbor go visit them!! Once I'm off of bed rest and back in the swing of things, I'm going to make a huge effort to go visit those in need.

Something really sweet, my nephew who is now 5 said the cutest things to me.  I wanted to write them down so I don't forget.
 My dad had Carson and they both came over to visit with me, well my dad couldn't stay long and so he told Carson they had to go.  Cars looks at me and says "Keira Ill get what you need. I know how to climb counters."  So he stayed with me a while longer, while my dad ran an errand.  The entire time he was here he kept asking if I was okay and if I needed something.  He melts my heart.  Oh how I love him.
Another time he came to visit he wanted to go outside.  I reminded him I couldn't leave the couch.  He held out his hand to me and told me, he could hold my hand if I needed help on the steps. (I have steps outside my door.) Carson is the biggest sweet heart. Makes me so excited to have Beckham, and have my own little man with me all the time.



**Pregnancy update**

-I'm now in the 3rd trimester!!!
-I crave sweets like no other. I want a treat every day.
-Beckham moves all day, Steve and I  both love seeing my tummy move
-Steve tells Beckham made up cowboy stories-so cute!!
-Beckham woke up Steve for the first time, my stomach was against steve's back and he kept kicking Steve. Steve was so excited to tell me in the morning that Beckham woke him up.
-Beckham now weighs 2 lb. 9 oz.



1 comment:

Tricia L said...

I'm so glad that you and Beckham are healthy. I know bed rest sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through it. My doctor told me that every day you're able to keep the baby inside you, it saves the baby 2-3 days of a NICU stay. My last was born at 32 weeks, was 3 weeks behind on growth, and was completely healthy - as healthy as a preemie can be. He was in the NICU for 4.5 weeks just learning to breath and eat. A baby born after 32 weeks has a 90%+ of not having any lasting problems. Just aim for 32 weeks and know that if you can make it that long, then your baby will most likely be just fine after a short NICU stay. At the NICU, babies that were born at 34 weeks were only in the hospital for about a week. Hopefully you can make it until then. Good luck!