Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tea Party!

This week has been a busy one! Last night we did a ladies tea party. The beehives wanted to do something for their mom's for Mother's day and this is what they came up with.
I have felt like I've been running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything prepared for the party. I am so relieved that it's done and it turned out!:)



I know I always say how impressed I am with these girls, but I'm going to say it again. I am so impressed with them! I asked each of them to do a spot light on their mom or someone who is considered a mother figure to them. (Who ever they were bringing for the evening)
I told them it could be something super simple. Just say why they love them or why they are grateful for them. Every single girl came up with something so creative and sweet. One wrote out a poem. Another used her mom's name and used the letters to say why she loved her. Some girls wrote out a full front and back page of why they love them.
One even spotlighted me, after she had spotlighted her mom. Talk about a choked up moment.
It was such a neat experience for me to see the love these girls have for their moms, and vice versa.


The party turned out nice! We had lots of food, laughter and even managed to squeeze in a game and had a Teaspoon Race.

I consider myself so blessed to be able to surround myself with such amazing woman. The light of Christ radiates from these girls and from their awesome mamma's!

I saw this tonight, and couldn't help but want to share it. Birth Mother's day falls on the Saturday before Mother's day. I don't ever see many Adoption videos and this one is by far one of the neatest one's I've seen.
I've gained so much appreciation for these strong woman who place their babies for adoption, this video shows that. Watch it. You'll see :)

No comments: