Monday, May 28, 2012

Hives.

Steve's elbow is getting better but he still gave me a scare last week!
He went off the IV infusions last Saturday night and he started an oral medication on Sunday.
Monday he went to the pharmacy and on his way home he called me and told me he had hives. He thought it could be a reaction from the oral medication that he had taken Sunday and then Monday morning. When he told me he had hives I thought possibly a couple hives here and there but I was in complete shock when he walked through our door. He was covered from head to toe.

{Hives from head to toe}

I couldn't believe how swollen his face was with all the red bumps covering his body. He went to our family practice doctor and they told us he was allergic to the medication.
I have never seen anyone before with that bad of hives. ever. It freaked me out!
Poor Steve and his bad luck lately.:( First the staph infection and then the hives. Thankfully, after a week his hives went away and Steve is better.

{No more hives}



1 comment:

Allie said...

OH MY GOSH! My heart broke for you, but am I in trouble if a laughed a bit too? Oops. You were a GIANT RED PUFF BALL. Matt had an allergic reaction resembling a GIANT RED PUFF BALL that put him in the ER in Jan/Feb-ish. So scary. Aren't ya glad that day is over!?