Friday, February 20, 2009

Elder Anderson is HOME!!

I can't believe my brother is already home. Seems like yesterday that we just took him to the MTC. (I'm sure my mom would tell you otherwise though).
Well, we started the fun on Wednesday night. My mom and I went and bought yellow poster board and yellow paper plates to decorate our house, a long with the power poles down the street from us. It was lots of fun getting ready for him to come home! Also, my brother Kody (who lives in Washington) was able to come home too! I was so happy to see him.
Then yesterday, 02-19-09, All of the family met up at the airport. Kris's flight was supposed to come in at 10:00 am, but we got lucky, and his flight landed 15 minutes early! When he came down the escalator everyone started cheering for him, and all of the other missionaries that were coming home.
I know that he loves his mission, and that he was a wonderful missionary. When he came off the escalator we were able to give him a hug, it was so cute though, he wanted to first just shake all of our hands.
After we picked him up we were able to go back to my parents house and talk and catch up with Kris. He showed us pictures of his mission, and told us about his experiences in Chicago.
I just couldn't get enough of him! I followed him around everywhere. he he. :)
Our family was able to also go out to lunch at Gecko's and then go to Midge's (Kjersti) church basketball game. She did awesome!! It was so fun to have all of the family together again. (minus Jade, and baby Carson)-Can't wait to see you two on Tuesday!!
Then we had dinner, and I made chocolate chip cookie dough brownies! YUMMY!
Kris then had lots of phone calls and lots of visitors. Everyone was so excited to see him! Gosh I love him!
What a fun day!! I'm so happy to have him home. I'm so proud of him too, I know he changed a lot of people's lives.
P.S. I'll post pictures later when I get home!

4 comments:

The Godfreys said...

yay welcome back Kris! that is so exciting! and can I get that recipe... it sounds so good?!!?!

Jared and Shalynn said...

That's so exciting! I got a little teary eyed reading that. It's funny cause we were just at the airport the day before picking up Jared's cousin from his mission. It's such an exciting time!

Laura said...

That is so crazy that Kris is home! How exciting!

Krystal said...

Yay Im thats so exciting. My parents just got back from picking my brother from his mission. Remember when we saw each other at the MTC? That was crazy and now it two years later. We get to see my brother in one week when we fly out to Missouri. We are so excited and can't wait.