Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the Ferry to San Juan IslandWelcome to San Juan!





The Odyssey-The boat we road on to see the whales!
Friday Harbor is so pretty
Can't wait to see the Whales!!
Steve and I
It's hard to see, but that's a Seal


San Juan Island and Whale Watching
Steve and I started off the week really well! Yesterday, on our day off we were able to get up early and take a ferry to San Juan Island. The ferry took an hour to get there, and so we enjoyed the view and each other's company.
Once we got to the Island we walked around the little shops and found a cute Orca ornament that says San Juan Island on it. (We have a tradition of collecting ornaments for our christmas tree from places we visit!)
Then we went to San Juan Excursions and bought our tickets to go whale watching!! Steve and I have wanted to this ever since we got to Washington, but were debating on if it would be worth the money. My in-laws were able to go when they visited with us, and they said it was well worth it. So, it being our last monday (day off) we decided to go for it!
We then met up with our friends, the Thompson's. We all walked around the Island and then by 1pm it was time to get on the boat!The experience was awesome! We saw Seals, a bald eagle and lots of Orca's! We even saw a mom and her baby swimming together. It's amazing how graceful they are when they swim.
I recommend this adventure to anyone who has the chance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so cute! I have always wanted to watch the whales, and still have never done it. Good for you guys. Only a week and a few days left and you will be home!!!Yea!

Erin said...

Keira you look so cute and older, but not in a bad way but just like my little best friend that has grown up with me since we were little is probabling looking more mature than me. I love it and I miss seeing you. Hopefully sometime soon we can see you guys again. I love how cute of a couple the two of you make!

Meg said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm excited to see you again when you get back. I should have my baby Sept 2, or sooner:)

Tamilisa said...

Wow, these are cool pictures! What a fun trip!!

Holly and Steve said...

Hey!!! How's it going? I love your blog. Yeah, Ohio is pretty. But I still love Utah. I'm not used to it here yet but it will just take time. Tell your hubby I say hi.