Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baby Ford.

We saw our little one yesterday.  Coolest thing in the WORLD.  I didn't think I could ever love anything so much until I saw the little bean.  Holy toledo, baby's grown so much in just a couple weeks!  Steve and I saw baby for the first time when I was only 6 weeks.  Steve even heard the heartbeat!  SOOO awesome.  Baby was sooo small, and I could see the little flicker on the screen.  I swear my heart skipped a beat just looking at it.  It's our miracle baby.  Still brings tears to my eyes EVERYTIME I think of him/her.  Steve is just as excited! He's so cute.  Once we saw the baby on the screen and the heart flicker, the doctor told us he could hear the heartbeat but it was very faint.  So,  Steve put his ear right up to the machine until he could hear it.  The doctor kindly asked Steve to move, so he could see baby.  

We then saw baby at 8 weeks and it grew a ton more in just two weeks.  This time, I heard baby's heart beat. I loved it.  Hearing the heartbeat was like music to my ear. Just knowing that there really is something growing inside of me.  It's a crazy thought and yet so amazing.  Doctor said baby is growing at the right rate and the heartbeat sounds very strong!-166 beats per minute.

I'm now at 10 weeks!! Time is going fast, but yet so slow..if that makes sense?  We met with our doctor, and we got to see baby again.  This visit was sooo awesome! Baby is actually looking more like a baby. Not a little bean.  He/she was really moving and kicking, I asked the Dr. if we could get a video of it.  (I wish I would of done that on the other 2 ultrasounds) Our doctor is awesome. He says "Hey look baby is waving to mom and dad".  HOLY CRAP!! We are going to be a mom dad.  I then ask if it's waving with his hand, and the dr. tells me it's waving with it's limbs.  No hands yet.  I had no idea!
We've probably watched the video at least 20 times.  Steve and I have both been  showing the video to people and love saying that it's waving to us.





First trimester: (So Far)

-I've felt nauseous, almost every day.  It's always in the morning, and then will hit me again either in the afternoon or in the evening.  
-My sense of smell has heightened. Things can REALLY stink. Unfortunately, I'm smelling more worse things than good. And than it makes me sick.  When when something smells good, it REALLY smells good.
-I absolutely hate anything with lots of flavor. (which is so not me) If there is onions or peppers, I need to be in another room.
-I LOVE tater tots.  They are sooo good. I could eat these every day! Oh, and fruit smoothies. 



9 comments:

Whitney said...

What! I didn't even know! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you guys! Oh my heck, I seriously was just crying as I read your post. You two are going to be such amazing parents! So exciting! I seriously just can't tell you how happy I am for you friend.

Steve and Brooke said...

just SO HAPPY for you two!!!!!

Jenny said...

Love this! Love you! Can't wait to meet that sweet lil' babe! :)

Michelle and Travis said...

Hearing the heartbeat makes it real..... Just wait til you can feel the baby moving everyday. So awesome!!! I'm so so so happy for you guys!!! Love you both and see ya soon! I love being able to say that :)

sholtmom said...

That video made me a little misty eyed! So happy for you!

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you! Congrats! It's so amazing, really. I talked to Steve the other day and he seemed SO excited. FUN!

Krystal said...

Oh my goodness Congratulations!!! This is so exciting and such great news. I am so thrilled for you two. Hope the nausea doesn't get worse and that you have the best pregnancy. Im so excited to follow you through the whole thing (I hope you keep the blog updated)

The Cook Clan said...

So exciting! Congrats again! Ugh....the joys of pregancy! Good thing such sweet little babes come from all we suffer!

Cara and Mike said...

KEIRA!!!congratulations!!! I am so sos sos soooooo happy for you!!!!! :)